Tuesday, June 23

Sunset Photographs

Last night, I was examining my sunset photographs. I realized that I had shot them with three different digital cameras. These sunset photographs, take at Geneva State Park Marina, taken in 2004 with a Nikon D1x using a 300mm lens at 1/400 sec, f/10.0, ISO 800, Pattern metering. It is obvious that at high ISO settings the D1x was not able to contain the color noise.
Also, upon further thought, I think I should have used a lower f stop (since depth of field did not matter), and a lower shutter speed by using a tripod. This would have allowed me to shoot at a must lower ISO. The lower ISO would have produced a photo with much less color noise. The Geneva State Park in Northeast Ohio is a lovely location at sunset. Lake Erie is consistently providing changing weather and wave patterns. I am waiting for a thunderstorm to come across the lake from Canada. I would love to set-up a night an shoot lightning bolts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed.